Last update July 18, 2019
Some important facts for the playtest:
- For this playtest, the chat will be disabled. You can still use the comm wheel and ping system to communicate in-game, and we also recommend that you join the official Discord, in case you want to ask for advice, give feedback or simply join the community.
- We have recently introduced Spanish and French localization into the game. If you are a native speaker of those languages, we would really appreciate your help to improve the quality by reporting wrong or missing translations via the « Report Bug -> Localization Bug » tab in the game menu.
- We integrated the new Unreal Engine 4 version 4.22, so some instability and crashes may occur.
- Vehicles have no sound
- Players might get stuck when jumping into swamp or jungle trees.
- In rare instances players could be unable to move at the beginning of the match.
- In rare cases the health bar might be stuck upon entering a match.
What to expect?
You asked for it, and we worked on it for a long time. And now, finally, it is here. Today’s update will introduces the DUO MODE. Are you ready for double-trouble action? Here is how it works:
- The Duo mode starts with you and another Prospector in a pact together.
- You can invite one friend into your squad to queue together
- If you queue alone, you will get assigned a random pact mate
- A pact can be broken and reforged anew during the match (like in Lone Wolf).
- Breaking that pact takes longer than in Lone Wolf
- All players have shields (pacting does not remove shields)
- All gains are shared 100% between the pact mates
Improved Weapon Audio and SFX
We received recurring feedback about our weapon sounds and how they could have more impact. And we agree! We started to rework and enhance the weapon sounds.
Here are the new weapon sounds that made it into this update:
- New sounds for Manticore
- New sounds for Bolt Action
- New sounds for PDW
- New sounds for Autopistol
Also, some more general SFX improvements:
- Fixed a bug where SFX for KOR 47 was corrupted
- Fixed a bug where SFX for Phasic Lancer was corrupted
- Adjusted tail SFX for Advocate
- Adjusted shooting SFX for Gorgon
- Reworked tail SFX for all weapons
- Reworked « Quest complete » sound to have a higher intensity
This week, our main focus for AI has been to polish some Quality of Life features.
- AI have been given rank, AoE, and high-threat icons under their names
- AI names were shortened to remove clutter
- Polished fire animations for various weapons
- Fixed an issue with the Lacerator sights being offset and moving a lot when firing in ADS
- Fixed a bug where you could not invite Friends into your Squad
- Improved mini-map marker performance
- State transitions between weapon firing is improved
- Opening the store doesn’t break your sprint speed
- Can no longer interact with vehicle when another person is on it
- Spectator view is fixed on vehicles
- Particle trails are showing on vehicles
- VFX bug for buffed enemies fixed
- Abilities from expired pact mates no longer attack you
- Fixed offset of Howler projectile
- Fixed VFX issue with bombardment particles
Thank you for all your feedback last week.
Please remember, this is an alpha build, bugs and crashes are to be expected. If you find any issues during your session, please don’t hesitate to report it using the bug reporter tool in-game. Please also keep in mind that queue times, especially late in the night might be longer than expected due to lower player count.
We hope you have fun during your time on Fortuna III and look forward to reading your feedback!