Welcome to our first Alpha test, we’re really glad you’re here!
Alright, our first release notes! Since it’s our first release, it kinda comes down to a short explanation of the game as a whole. Here’s how the game currently works, in its very shortest form:
Complete your contracts and escape the planet. Fight against or team up with other players when you come across them.
Below you’ll find more detailed information on most everything in the game, but before you read that, we’d like to take the opportunity to thank you for playing and helping us out.
We really want to make sure that we use these tests as a means to make the game better and we think that your experiences and feedback will help us more than anything else.
The Tutorial will help guide you through the very basics of The Cycle.
You can also use the Sandbox mode to try out all the Contracts in a relatively safe location, before exposing yourself to potential hostiles!
We have 6 contracts to compete over:
- Veltecite Minerals
- Refine Letium
- Power Up Facility
- Retrieve Zeal
- Hunt for Exotic Samples
More details about how to complete them can be found in-game, in the Tutorial Sandbox, and in our Alpha Test FAQ
There are 3 Factions that you can work for in The Cycle:
- Korolev Heavy Industries: From wrenches and tires to assault rifles and energy shields, if it’s of use in the frontier, Korolev builds it. Korolev is biased towards heavy weapons and armor, at the expense of speed and adaptability.
- Osiris: Research and Development of the galaxy’s most dangerous weapons for use on the most dangerous planet known to man. Osiris kit tends to prefer speed and evasion, giving their users control over the battlefield.
- Independent Civilian Authority: Representing law and order, or what passes for it in the systems just beyond civilization. The ICA’s equipment offers a good mix of power and speed, making them well suited for any range of challenges on Fortuna III.
Pick which one you want to assist in the pre-match lobby to each favor with them and unlock their technology.
Career & Crafting
Find and earn precious materials on the surface and as rewards from the Factions. Use these materials to craft technologies you have unlocked with Faction Points.
These technologies can be put into your Gear Set. Choose how you want to play!
Gear Set and Gear Store
Prospectors may not be allowed to bring their heaviest weaponry onto the surface directly, but there are other ways to get your hands on what you need!
Choose between Kit and Pistol options to help protect you at the beginning of a run on Fortuna III.
Set up your Gear Set before the match with up to 4 weapons and abilities that can be purchased via the Gear Store with Credits earned in match.
Kits help define your playstyle, granting powerful bonuses that improve as you perform in a match:
- Basic Prospector Kit: Higher health and regen.
- Boxer Warsuit (Korolev): Super Jump, Charge attack, and a recharging shield
- Aani Quicksuit (OSIRIS): Double Jump, Dodge, and Slide
- Dragonfly (ICA): Fly over obstacles, smash down into enemies.
There are 15 weapons for you to defend yourself with:
- Pistols: Hammer, Scarab Pistol, and Bulldog
- Assault Rifles: C-32 Bolt Action, KOR-47, KBR Longshot, Advocate
- Burst Rifle: Phasic Lancer
- SMGs: S-76 PDW, Asp Fletchette Gun
- Sniper Rifle: Kinetic Arbiter
- Missile Launcher: KOMRAD
- Heavy Weapons: KARLA, Zeus Beam
7 exotic abilities are available to turn the tides of battle:
- Kinetic Barrier
- Triage Sphere
- Directional Warp
- Heavy Turret
- Cloaking Device
- Snare Trap
- Orbital Bombardment
These 3 tools will give you the edge in a number of situations:
- Directional Scanner
- Recall Teleporter
- Kheper Revitalizer