First of all thanks to everyone who reported bugs and shared his/her feedback in the first Alpha either via the bug-reporter, Steam, Discord and/or our surveys. Without you we wouldn’t have been able to improve the game that much!
Please find below the release notes of the 2nd Alpha test which will run from September 18 to 20. Servers will be open each day from 19:00 to 23:00 CEST/17:00-21:00 UTC.
Please note that the databases have been wiped and therefore the progress from the first Alpha is not available anymore. We wanted to have a clean state to avoid technical issues but also to make sure that our changes do not cause any issues for you after all the changes we did.
New features and content
Game Mode – Quest Loop (available on Wednesday and Thursday).
- The new game mode is about completing as many contracts as possible before escaping the planet.
- Added Personal Quests to the game; quests that can be found during a match for bonus points.
– Data Retrieval; find and recover valuable research data from human settlements.
– Item Delivery; find a mysterious green artifact and deliver it to a drop off location.
– Creature Tracking; find and follow tracks of creature and find its nest.
- Central Station quest; when 5 Power-Up stations are active at the same time, the Central Station quest gets activated.
- Warden Alpha quest; at some point in the match the Warden Alpha is spawned and an extra quest is activated. Does not appear in every match.
Emergency Triage / Down But Not Out (DBNO)
- Players who are at 0 health are in Emergency Triage.
- Players who are in Emergency Triage can be revived by pact mates.
- Players in Emergency Triage have a shield that can lose health.
- Upon losing all health on the shield, Players in Emergency Triage are stranded (a.k.a. out of a game).
- Players who strand a player in Emergency Triage have a bounty placed on them (200 credits) and are visible on the map for the duration of the bounty (60 seconds).
- Added game tips to the matchmaking screen in the menu and to the lobby screen before a match
Server Status Screen
- This screen will be shown if The Cycle servers are unavailable (e.g. outside testing times, technical issues) to convey relevant information
Enabled randomized character customization
- Players character is randomized on Match Start.
Settings menu – we added
- proper settings tabs
- key rebinding
- support for resolutions up to 4k
- resolution quality scaling setting
- motion blur setting
- FPS-capping setting
- FOV setting
- separate audio settings for: Master, Music, Sound effects and Dialogue
- mouse invert settings; separate for x- and y-axis
Quest System iterations
- Adjusted waves for Epic Minerals, so they stop once the mineral is done.
- Three new Power Up stations; Landing pad, swamp camp & crashed ship.
- Added more possible terminals locations to all Power Ups. Now every Power Up has 12 different possible locations for the terminals (was 6).
- Increased possible locations from 3 to 7 for the Zeal Crystal to be spawned on the map.
- Updated logic for finding a good drop location for the Zeal Crystal to prevent it being stuck inside of geometry
- Added UI elements with quest information to Mineral and Power Up objects
- Changed the evacuation location to a single point in the center of the map.
- Added authentication mechanic: Prospectors now have to be scanned before being authorized to enter the ship.
- Prospectors located directly below the landing ship will be pushed aside or, if that fails, crushed (killed) by it.
- Deployables (e.g. Turrets, Mines) are destroyed when ship lands on them, to avoid exploits.
- Added notification for 3 minutes until ship arrives.
- Major money loot pass all over the level. Created a few smaller human structures for new loot locations.
- Improved logic to find a landing location for Gear Store purchases. Fixed issue with purchases ending up inside meshes.
- Adjusted tutorial evacuation to use latest evacuation mechanics.
- Disabled quest difficulty levels in the tutorial.
- Reduced volume of the landing sequence.
- Smoothed out landscapes.
- Adjusted the help overlay to include Melee and the comm-wheel. Removed redundant entries.
- Added the UI-top bar and the match timer to the spectator HUD.
- Fixed floating cover objects all over the map.
- Added blocking volumes to the center structure mountains to avoid player somehow getting up there, dominating the area.
- Adjusted level cover based on BI Data from Alpha Test 1.
- Fixed major collisions issues with the map.
- Monster Nest interaction time increased from 2 to 5 to prevent exploitation.
- Interaction set-back from taking damage while interacting increased.
- Sprinting noise markers on the map are now only visible to players who don’t sprint themselves.
- Uplink marker shows owner’s name in the map.
- Weapon selection in HUD plays animation when equipped or upgraded.
- Fixed several issues in Sandbox mode.
- Removed Mid-Air Crouching.
- Reloading does not interrupt Boxer Warsuit High Jump animation.
- Holding the Aim button will resume aiming after interruption.
- Strafing/backwards movement is slower than forward movement.
- Weapon Damage towards Creatures and Players is tuned separately.
- Reduced size of sights on the Hammer pistol, the Scarab pistol & on the K-28 Autopistol.
- Fixed skinning issue on the K-28 Autopistol.
- Fixed flickering on Advocate assault rifle.
Tuning / Balance Improvements
- Weapons balancing
- Reduced damage of starting pistols against other players – damage against AI stays the same.
- Minor changes have been made to almost all weapons. Lower tier weapons are now slightly less powerful and mid-tier weapons are slightly more powerful.
- Most Gear Store upgrades have been retuned.
- Quest system tuning
- Balanced monsters for Epic Minerals, reduced the amount of monsters per monster squad
- Tuned down money drops for Mineral monsters and Super Power Up Monsters for both game modes. For minerals and super power up, list monsters now give 1/2 of the normal monster money drops and loop monsters 1/4 of it.
- The first Uplink station is activated 30s after match start instead of immediately.
- Boxer Warsuit
- Added two levels that scale the damage of the Charge Attack.
- Added two levels that scale the damage of the Dive Attack.
- Reduced Jetpack recharge rate.
- Aani Quicksuit
- Added two levels, one that increases weapon range and one that increases headshot damage.Tuned Dodge and Slide to have slightly higher cooldowns. Decreased speed of both, increased velocity at which Slide is stopped. Decreased jump height.
- Basic Prospector Kit
- Added two levels, one that increases weapon damage and one that decreases ability cooldown times.
- Boxer Warsuit
- Rebalance of Squatter AI into Feeble, Normal, and Warrior and Hunt Squatter AI into Aberrant, Mutated, and Evolved.
- Global health reduction.
- Increased movement speed of Drone type AIs and projectile speed of Spitter type AIs.
- Removed health regeneration on Warden Alpha.
- Snare Trap DPS reduced, range increased, HP drastically reduced, now affects heavy jump and jetpack.
- Kheper Revitalizer better handles activation and sprinting.
- Reduced range of Directional Warp.
Fixed multiple issues …
- with game stability.
- with the collision in the game – none & invisible.
- with in game audio and audio settings.
- with becoming stuck after interactions.
- where your shipments would be placed inside geo.
- where auto-collected money meshes remain on the ground so you couldn’t pick the collect money.
- where German text was not translated.
- where the shard was dropping when a deployable takes damage.
- with UI/Game focus.
- related to foliage being too high.
Fixed an issue …
- where sprint stops working after an interaction.
- where The Gear Store doesn’t open in the Sandbox mode.
- where running while using self heal plays the animation but the healing action doesn’t occur.
- where the chat cursor moves to end of line after every input.
- where chat focus is lost after every message you send.
- where the last player to escape is stuck in reward screen and does not get into end of match screen.
Plus many, MANY, more…
Fixed issues …
- where creatures would disappear from spectator mode.
- with distorted images for dropped gear.
- regarding the VFX & radius/triggerability with the Jetpack.
- with auto fire weapons not stopping sfx and vfx on empty clip.
- with overlapping Voice Overs.
- with Water looking glitchy.
- relating to mouse sensitivity options being reset.
- where icons in the scoreboard would get cutoff relating to the player name length.
- related to various hunt locations not having monsters.
- relating to interaction with Farmon.
- relating to dying while in the shop and the game appears non-responsive.
- where items has descriptions twice in the item select screen.
- where players does not gain faction progression points.
- where Cyrillic fonts not displaying correctly.
- where there were grammar issues.
- with the minimap in spectator mode.
- where roads at several locations did not touch the ground.
Fixed an issue in the tutorial …
- where the evac ship bar is still displayed.
- where cancelling the pact didn’t work.
- where two evac markers are shown.
- where the reward screen was not shown.
- that the monsters would spawn to late and would be irrelevant.
- where the player started without a weapon.
- where your gear set is shown.
Fixed an issue …
- where the player can jump during the intro sequence, breaking the pod exit animation.
- where if you escape first, but finish objectives second, the checkbox for escaping first is not checked.
- where chat cannot be opened with the Enter key in winners screen.
- with the readability of when the Dive attack is available or not from the Jetpack.
- where pickups don’t disappear once you have picked them up.
- where the starter battle rifle has the wrong upgrade.
- with audio cues – you heard “Your ally has been killed” when you die.
- where lobby music is not played from the second match on.
- where the ‘crafted’ message always shows up when opening the factions screen.
- where there is no escape ship marker.
- where players can activate sprint while standing still.
- where when your kinetic shield takes damage it interrupts your interaction bar.
- where ‘complete all contracts’ was not checked even though there were all completed.
- where there was no icon for active power up.
- where it is not possible to change languages on the second attempt.
- where the head hitbox can be completely separate from head on looking up/down.
- where targets can walk away from the snare trap
- where weapons would stop firing after a few shots.
- where the weapon would be stuck in a shooting animation.
- where the UI does not show the next facility.
- which showed experience for progression above the limit.
- where the map is visible for a brief moment before the lobby is displayed.
- where your shadow is still visible when you are cloaked.
- where there was a low-pass audio filter on for 3d sounds for the match duration.
- where there was no Gear Icon for ‘Esc Menu’.
- where the ‘Esc Menu’ missing from the Gear Store.
- where opening the Esc menu while in the shop menu blocks the use of Esc.
- where a pact was broken but the refiner still says owned by pactmate.
- where the zeal crystal is blocking the view during the ninja slide.
- where all map markers disappear when Evac shows up.
- where cloaking doesn’t drop monster aggro.
- with the nest icon remaining on the Minimap after nest has been taken.
- where monsters at Evac spawn under the landing platform.
- where icons on map don’t disappear after the player collects the related item
- where the game would crash 100% when attempting to purchase above the ability or weapon upgrade threshold.
- where the Mineral Marker on Minimap does not disappear after completion.
- where the Power up console is placed inside a rock.
- where the map was blurry until settings
- where switched to High settings.
- where market prices are always red even if players have enough money.
- where the player could interact with power up station before activating all terminals (with no functionality).
- where your pact mate is not shown on Minimap.
- where crafting would not work.
- where changing graphics settings and double-clicking the Apply button results in the UI going missing with inability to access ESC key menu or queue.
- where refiners
- where not showing up on the map.
- where minerals that were already mined
- where showing up on the Minimap.
- where all map icons
- where showing.
- where the Evac ship gets stuck in midair.
- where the Uplink was not able to be captured.
- where weapon icons still show on drop pods after the item has been picked up.
- where Farmon sound effects are too loud.
- where Zeal crystal could not be picked up.
- where a delivery was ordered, but didn’t show up.
- where after a match the player is stuck in the server status screen.
- where text on a non-interactable power up consoles reads “item already owned”.
- where prices in the station
- where not displayed.
- where opening chat and clicking the world blocks all input.
- where you could not shoot in the sandbox mode.
- where you could not open the shop in sandbox mode.
- where the Evac ship didn’t arrive in sandbox mode.
- with VO’s not giving correct feedback in the tutorial.
- where you could become blocked while looting at the same time as another player.
- with the snare mine, that it could be used to prevent other players escaping.
- when using the bug reporter that you can’t backspace more than a few times.
- where the game believes a player has the Zeal crystal if the crystal was collected by another player at the same time.
- where you can cancel matchmaking by accident when wanting to chat.
- with white clouds during the storm.
- where the options menu can’t be closed.
- where when pressing both aim and shoot during reload caused aiming not to function.
- where quests
- where not active when they were.
- where evacuation was not active but it was.
- where end of match results got added every time you open the screen.
- where a player was shown as alive but was dead.
- where it was not possible to add the snare mine and the heavy turret to the gear set.
- where the player was stuck moving in a given direction.
- where the player got stuck when waiting on the evac landing pad and the evac ship landed.
- where settings are not restored after a restart or a new match.
- where the lock icon was missing if you cannot unlock an item.
- where a player was able to slide while he was jumping (Ninja kit).
- where the player position/ranking on the quest list is duplicated (German only).
- where the master audio option doesn’t mute all sounds effects.
- where you can’t shoot through friendly Kinectic Shields.