YAGER Development GmbH
Based in Berlin, Germany
Closed Beta: Q2 2019
Open Beta: Q3 2019
Initially: Windows PC
Future Plans: Console
The Cycle is a competitive quest shooter. On Fortuna III you compete against other Prospectors, or collaborate with them, to claim as many resources as possible.
The only problem is, the planet is hostile in more ways than one.
Alien wildlife tends to want to rip your face off. Rival Prospectors are at best untrustworthy and at worst highly murderous. And if that’s not bad enough, there’s The Cycle itself… a planetary metamorphosis which, if you don’t make it to the evac in time, will absolutely ensure the end of you.
But hey, you could get rich!
Born from an internal pitching jam, The Cycle has been developed since the start of 2018. We saw great promise in our prototype, which captured a blend of session based FPS matches and quest objectives in an open world, a genre we have dubbed internally as a “Competitive Quester”. Following our prototype, we took what we learned and started full development on The Cycle, with the goal of having closed test sessions as soon as we can. We believe that we are onto something special with The Cycle , and that our experienced team can make our vision a reality. We practice an open development culture, so you can join us on our social media channels and Discord and be part of the journey of bringing The Cycle to players. We are now actively recruiting for our Alpha tests – to sign up, visit our website here: https://thecycle.game/.
- A New Frontier: Explore the world of Fortuna III – a hostile, beautiful new world, full of fortune, alien life, and other players looking to take its riches.
- Competitive Quester: Shooting may give you an edge – but the best players are those who can take on dangerous jobs during a match.
- Station: Orbiting Fortuna III, the station is a leftover from a time of colonization and exploitation. It is now home to Prospectors and the factions that have an interest in their excursions – for different reasons.
- Factions: Take on jobs for different factions when you are down on the planet. As reputation grows with a faction, players will get access to more technology which might change the way they play and win.
- Co-Operation: Players can meet on the surface of Fortuna III and join uneasy alliances with one another as they complete contracts. Or players can directly start as a squad on the planet.
- Storm: The cycle leaves only a narrow window of opportunity – stay too long, and you will be trapped on the planet.
- Progression: Items found in matches can be used for crafting in the station which can then in return be used in matches.
- Customization: A wide selection of gear that players progress through, tailoring their character to their individual playstyle, with more options regularly added.
You can download an archive with our logo (black, white or cropped) here.
- “There are elements of The Cycle that may seem familiar, but at the concept’s core is players. The ones that want to team up, the ones that want to focus on objectives, the ones out to take down some trophy monster and of course the ones who – despite everything – will go around trying to blow away other players.”
– Rich Stanton, The Cycle Aims to Break One
- “Wenn das Vorhaben von The Cycle aber klappt, könnte es mit seinem Mix aus Loot, Koop, PvP und sozialer Komponente eingefahrene Genre-Grenzen sprengen.”
– Philipp Elsner , The Cycle – Koop & Verrat auf Knopfdruck