Last update July 4, 2019
Some important facts for the playtest:
- Due to technically issues this morning, we could only do limited testing on this build. Please be aware that there’s a possibility of critical bugs we may have missed. However we opted to go with this release, so we could insure the Playtest will start in time. We will be monitoring the situation, react if needed and will keep you informed should there be any issues.
- The test will start on July 4 at 3 PM CEST / 9 AM EDT
- The test is scheduled to end on Monday, July 8 at 10 AM CEST / 4 AM EDT. You can check the server status here.
- For this playtest, the chat will be disabled. You can still use the comm wheel and ping system to communicate in-game, and we also recommend that you join the official Discord, in case you want to ask for advice, give feedback or simply join the community.
- We have recently introduced Spanish and French localization into the game. If you are a native speaker of those languages, we would really appreciate your help to improve the quality by reporting wrong or missing translations via the „Report Bug -> Localization Bug“ tab in the game menu.
- We integrated the new Unreal Engine 4 version 4.22, so some instability and crashes may occur.
- At high ping a bug may occur, that causes the player character to remain in the shop hand animation after buying an item in the in-match store or pressing G repeatedly to open it. Triggering another animation, for instance by swapping weapons, should end the hand animation.
- Shock Grenades may explode on impact without doing damage.
What to expect?
- For this long Open Alpha Weekend we wanted to spice things up a bit:
- All AI enemies now have a chance to drop some cool items, including abilities, and even rare weapons or exotic weapons.
- While the chance to get one such drop is relatively low, however, the stronger a monster, the better the item would be if you get such a drop.
- To balance this out, stationary credit pick-ups (not the same as credit drops from enemies) are no longer present on the map. Instead there is a chance now to find some common weapons, devices and abilities.
- Dev Comment: There will be no guaranteed spot to get an early income boost, so map knowledge will not be that big of advantage as it is now. We expect this to create way more interesting match dynamic, a lot more “wow” moments and unexpected winners who might have just cleverly used their luck.
Improvements to the tutorial
- We’ve made several improvements and bugfixes to the tutorial to make things clearer.
- The structure of the tutorial has been adjusted to make objectives and gameplay elements clearer.
- We’ve put a stronger emphasis on Victory points and explaining how they work.
- You can now also buy abilities during the tutorial.
- Several bugs were fixed.
- Fixed an issue with all the impact delays (time it takes for the explosion to land) being the same, can now be unique per ability
- Radius from 700 to 500
- Impact delay from 2s to 2.5s
- Damage from 650 to 550
- Impact delay remains at 2s
- Radius from 900 to 700
- Damage from 550 to 400 (spread out over its damage duration)
- Damage duration remains at 2.2s
- Trench Grenade
- Damage reduced from 400 to 300
- Radius reduced from 4.5m to 3.5m
- Set to explode on contact with enemies
- Renamed to Shock Grenade
- Dev Comments: We plan to reintroduce the „Trench Grenade“ (bounce against actors, higher damage and radius) as a separate ability in the near future
- Kinetic Arbiter
- Hollow frame:
- Speed increase down from 10% to 5%
- Lightweight stock
- Speed increase down from 15% to 7%
- Hollow frame:
- When players dodge an enemy attack the AI will now turn and follow their movement.
- Improved movement of larger creatures on the map.
- Different enemy types are now easier to distinguish by their colour and appearance.
- Implemented multiple improvements to enemy projectile VFX.
- Known instances of server lag have been fixed.
- The recall teleporter is back in the game and functioning.
- A bug that prevented players from rebinding keys has been fixed.
- The Howler can now be attacked in melee while it summons other AI.
- An issue that caused weapons to be displayed in the wrong FOV during the drop pod sequence has been fixed.
- Boxer Warsuit Charged Punch ability now deploys more consistently.
- A bug that caused players to get stuck in the drop pod after a safety teleport has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug which in rare occasions prevented the player from leaving a squad after coming back from a match.
- Fixed a bug where in the pre-match lobby, upon reaching the maximum faction level, the UI would display a 0 instead.
Thank you for all your feedback last week.
Please remember, this is an alpha build, bugs and crashes are to be expected. If you find any issues during your session, please don’t hesitate to report it using the bug reporter tool in-game. Please also keep in mind that queue times, especially late in the night might be longer than expected due to lower player count.
We hope you have fun during your time on Fortuna III and look forward to reading your feedback!